It’s time for our annual Pack trip! This year, we’re going to McWane Science Center in Birmingham, Alabama. The trip begins on March 28th, and Pack 985 will have an entire floor to ourselves. The organized activities will begin at 5:30 PM, however if you arrive early you will have complimentary access to the museum (just tell a representative at Ticketing that your group is here for the Overnight Adventure). As part of our activities, we’ll be spending the night among the dinosaur fossils, touching sharks and rays in the “Touch Tank” and watching a new IMAX show that bridges the end of the shuttle era to the proposed missions to Mars! The boys will also work towards earning one full achievement.
Key things to know for the trip:
- All Scouts and families should arrive by 5:00 PM so we can gather and organize as a group
- Cost per person is $40. For every $350 of Popcorn that was sold by your Scout, one camper is paid for!
- Each camper under 18 must have a Release Form completed and signed when they arrive at McWane in order to participate
- Dinner will be provided Saturday night and breakfast will be provided at 7:30 AM Sunday Morning
- We will be done ~8:30 AM on Sunday morning
What to Bring
- Pillow, sleeping bag, air mattresses, and/or cots (floors are hard!) and overnight bag labeled with camper’s name and group affiliation.
- Toothbrush and toothpaste, plus any other typical toiletries used by the camper.
- Change of clothes.
- Overnight Adventure Tee-Shirts are available for purchase YS, YM, YL, AS, AM, AL, AXL $10.00 per shirt. 2X – $12.00, and 3X – $13.00. Tee-Shirts are sold during Snack time during the evening.
What NOT to Bring
- Radios, Walkmans, televisions or electrical devices.
- Nonessential items, such as jewelry or stuffed animals, are discouraged. McWane Science Center will not take any responsibility for lost or stolen items.
- Alcohol and tobacco products are NOT allowed.