We have two Pack events coming up in October.
Pack Camping Trip
Pack 985 – Let’s camp!
- Sign-Up: Please RSVP by Wednesday, October 1 with your headcount, and if you will be coming up Friday night or Saturday morning. Use Sign-Up Genius to register.
- Times: Friday – Sunday, Oct 3-5. “Official” activities begin Saturday at 10:00 a.m. Arrive early enough to set up and join the fun by 9:45 (you are welcome to arrive later if necessary). There is optional Friday camping for anyone who wants to join us Friday evening for a campfire and s’mores. Estimated departure on Sunday morning is 9:30/10:00 a.m.
- Agenda: Planned activities include fishing, a scavenger hunt, games, hiking, den achievements, skits, a campfire program with US flag retirement, and Sunday morning vespers. Oh, and great food.
- Location: Campsite #10 at Woodruff Scout Reservation near Blairsville, GA. Allow 2 hours for your drive. Campsite #10 is located near the very large cell phone tower affectionately named the “AT & Tree” located straight up the hill (north) from the dining hall.
- Food: The pack will provide Saturday breakfast, lunch, dinner, and Sunday breakfast based on arrivals. Saturday breakfast will not be provided for Saturday arrivals.
- Friday Arrivals: Eat Friday dinner on your own.
- Saturday Arrivals: Eat Saturday breakfast on your own.
- Special Needs: We will have a vegetarian option for Saturday dinner, and enough gear to help cook for special needs. Please plan accordingly for special dietary needs.
- Conservation: We are trying to reduce waste; please bring your own utensils and water bottles if possible.
- What to Bring: Bring a tent, sleeping gear, water bottle, and Class A & B uniforms. See the equipment checklist for other items to bring. Be prepared for comfortable days, cool nights (mid-40’s to low 50’s), and possibly rain. Shower and bathroom facilities are available for adults; bathroom facilities for children.
- BSA Medical Forms: Many of us need to renew our BSA Medical Forms. Please complete Parts A & B for everyone who will be attending and bring them with you.
October Pack Meeting – Punkin Chunkin
This year we’re trying something new for our October Pack Meeting. Instead of carving pumpkins, we’ll be hurling them across the lawn at the Scout House. The fun starts Thursday, October 16th at 7 PM.
Please join us in the third annual Hembree Springs Elementary School Clean-Up at 9:30 AM on November 15.
Items to Bring:
- A smile and good time
Coffee, hot chocolate, and donuts will be provided.
- 9:20 Pack Assemble
- 9:30 Flag Ceremony
- 9:40 Assemble pack by Dens to walk the grounds and pick up trash
- 10:00 Rake flower beds
- 10:20 Spread pine straw
- 10:50 clean up
- 11:00 dismissed