- Volunteers – The event takes over 40 volunteers to run effectively, so go ahead and secure your slot today. All volunteers are greatly appreciated!
- Location & Dates
- New venue for 2015! All events will be held at Hembree Springs Elementary School
- Pre-Registration & Tune-Up: Friday, January 23
- Race Day: Saturday, January 24th, 8:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Kits – The pack provides one kit for each scout, and den leaders have the kits. Contact your den leader if you do not already have yours.
- Race & Kit Rules – Be sure to read the race rules and kit guidelines before building your kit. “Quick Start” Rules are on page 2; however, the Official Rules apply, so read the entire document. Cars that do not conform to the kit guidelines will not be allowed to race. Remember that all Scout cars must weigh 5 ounces or less when weighed on the pack’s scales (adjustments can be made at the Pit Table on event days). A guidebook is also included for your kit-building reference.
- Awards – Trophies will be awarded for speed (1st, 2nd, 3rd), and for each rank for speed, best workmanship, most original, most race car-like, and most scout-like. Participant ribbons will be awarded to every scout who does not win a trophy.
- Fun – Last, remember this event is for the scouts. Learning woodworking and construction skills while having fun remains the primary objective of Pinewood Derby. Your scouts should do as much of the work as safety permits, so use this opportunity to spend some good quality time with your scout.
Strike up some fun at Brunswick Lanes this Saturday from 2-4 PM! Everyone gets pizza, soda, and bowling for $3 and Scouts will earn the Bowling Belt Loop. We’ll also be collecting items for the North Fulton Community Charities food pantry – see below for a list of their most wanted items.
WHERE: Brunswick Lanes at 785 Old Roswell Road
WHEN: Saturday, Dec. 13; 2 – 4 PM
COST: $3 per person for soda, pizza, and bowling (a $12 value!)
Top Food Pantry Needs:
- Canned Meat (Tuna, Chicken)
- Soups, (Hearty like Progresso’s Chicken Noodle, Tomato)
- Cereal – Oatmeal
- Tomato Products, spaghetti sauce etc
- Meals in a can (Ravioli, Spaghetti o’s etc)
- Boxed Meals/Potatoes (Hamburger Helper, Mashed Potatoes etc)
- Peas, Mixed Veggies, carrots, pork and beans (No corn or green beans)
- Canned fruit
- Dry Beans – 1 pound bags (black beans, navy beans, etc)
- Rice 1lb-5lb bags
- Diapers (large sizes 4, 5 and 6),
- Toilet Paper & Paper Towels
- Oil, Small Plastic Bottles
- Toiletries, toothpaste, hand soap
PLEASE NO PASTA, GREEN BEANS, CORN, OR CEREAL (THEY HAVE A SURPLUS OF THESE ITEMS)
*** UPDATED ON NOVEMBER 11 ***
Please join us in the third annual Hembree Springs Elementary School Clean-Up at 9:00 AM on November 15.
When: Saturday 15 2014
Time: 9:00 – 11:00
Uniform: Class B (be warm). Additional Class B uniforms will be brought for kids who have not received one yet.
Weather: Early morning low is 31!! High for the day is 51!! Sunny with no rain, dress for the weather!!
Additional Items to bring:
Pack will provide:
- Coffee, hot chocolate, doughnuts
- 8:30 SETUP – all Den 1/2 should arrive to set up tables for donuts, coffee, and hot chocolate
- 9:00 Pack Meeting – start flag ceremony
- 9:15-9:30 Announcements
- 9:30-9:40 Work assignments lead by Den Leaders
- Area clean up (all school grounds)
- Weeding front entrance
- Pine straw spread front area
- 11:00 End