Spooky-ree is one of the most highly rated events provided by Atlanta Area Council, and is hosted at the awesome Bert Adams Scout Camp, just 45 minutes outside of Atlanta. Spooky-ree is a fall themed weekend for Cub Scouts and their families filled with a fall festival, creepy-crawly nature show, pumpkin carving and decorating, archery, BBs, s'mores, and a campfire . The highlight of the weekend is the Trick-or-Treating Trail for all Scouts and an extra spooky haunted trail for the older Scouts and adults.
We will be bringing our own tents and setting up our own Pack Camp, but we will be eating all meals (from breakfast on Saturday through to breakfast on Sunday) in the new, air-conditioned dining hall. As well, flushing toilets and private showers are featured throughout the camp. So bring out the whole family: Cub Scouts, big brothers and sisters, little brothers and sisters, cousins, etc. Everyone is welcome to come out to camp and enjoy the beautiful fall weather at Bert Adams! Siblings of Cub Scouts can participate in almost all of the activities. Siblings under 5 are not able to participate in Shooting Sports.
Scouts, parents, and siblings are encouraged to wear appropriate costumes to the Saturday night campfire. There will be a costume competition with prizes.
All activities are first come, first served. No specific activity tickets or individual start times will be given. To support the excitement around Archery and BB shooting there will be between 48-64 lanes of shooting offered continuously throughout each Saturday!
Some of the activities that were provided last year include:
- BB Shooting- Take aim at our shooting range.
- Bows & Arrows- Can you hit the bull's eye?
- Slingshots- Grab a "wrist rocket" and see if you can hit the target!
- Pumpkins- Every Scout and sibling gets a pumpkin! 2nd graders and youngers decorate their pumpkins and 3rd graders and older can carve with adult supervision.
- Creepy Crawly Nature Show- Learn about the things that go bump in the night (aka. spiders, snakes).
- Fall Festival- Play carnival games, explore the inflatables, including the 54 foot long Swamper Stomper Obstacle Course, and much more!
- Scavenger Hunt- Explore our camp and see how many items you can find.
- Campfire- Experience a real Scout campfire program in the huge amphitheatre.
- Trick-or-Treat Trail- Put on your costume and Trick-or-Treat on our slightly spooky trail.
- Haunted Trail- For the older Scouts and siblings (recommend 3rd grade or older), a haunted trail that is complete with a ghost pirate ship, cemetery, and zombies!
- Cub Mobiles Racing and Maintenance- Sponsored by NAPA Auto Care. Feel the thrill and excitement of racing our Cub Mobiles!